If you’ve ever received that dreaded letter through the door you’ll know that a tax investigation is costly in at least two ways:
1. Additional tax, tax penalties and interest levied on the taxpayer.
2. Accountancy fees for their time spent defending your case.
Whist you can’t insure against HMRC penalties or what they might discover to be unpaid tax you can insure against your accountants’ time in defending your case; ensuring that the final cost of tax and penalties is as low as possible.
Why is Massey Accounting Company now offering a business protection service?
If you do receive that dreaded letter your first port-of-call should be your accountant. However, in our experience tax investigation fees cause strain on our relationship with uninsured clients. The alternative might be to accept the assertions of HMRC and prematurely settle the enquiry. We would feel much more comfortable having the freedom to defend your case to the hilt!
How much does it cost?
Our business protection service, in partnership with Croner-Taxwise, can be paid monthly or annually in advance and have £ZERO excess. There will be no difference in cost.
- Personal Tax clients – £3 per month (£zero excess)
- Sole Traders – £8 per month (£zero excess)
- Partnerships – £9 per month (£zero excess)
- Limited companies – £10 per month (£zero excess)
All levels of service includes free telephone access to specialists in:
- Employment Law
- Commercial Legal (including contract, corporate, property and landlord & tenant)
- Health & Safety
- Tax Investigation Service. Your business will receive representation from us in the event of an HMRC investigation. This service has a zero excess. We will deal directly with HMRC on your behalf giving you the peace of mind to focus on your business without the concern over unknown additional fees.
More info here: https://www.cronertaxwise.com/hr-support/telephone-advice/
What should you do next?
We believe that this product will benefit you and us alike – as such, we’re offering to provide free cover from now until the end of the year. Sign up now for immediate cover and payments won’t start until January 2021. Simply send us an email. We’ll reply with your quote and sign-up forms.
- 8 tips to avoid a tax investigation by HMRC
- Small Business Tax Investigations raise £16 for every £1 spent
Enjoy saving tax?